National Bergamasco Sheepdog Alliance
Established 2014 to bring together breeders, owners, and admirers of the Bergamasco Sheepdog to promote, preserve, and protect this wonderful breed. National Bergamasco Sheepdog Alliance advocates education, responsible and ethical breeding, open sharing of information, and maintaining versatility and working ability of the Bergamasco. The breed club shall serve members and the public as an educational resource, a network for information exchange, and organizer for breed club special events.
- To encourage members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as established by the United Kennel Club and maintain a standard that will preserve the character and breed type.
- To protect and advance the interest of the breed and to encourage all Bergamasco breeders and owners to conduct themselves in an ethical and sportsmanlike manner at dog shows, companion events, performance events, and other dog-related activities.
- To preserve the Bergamasco as a herding dog and promote its multipurpose function.
- To provide educational programs that promote the health, training, and exhibition of the Bergamasco, and responsible ownership and breeding practices.
- To offer programs that educate and encourage Junior Handler participation in UKC events.
- To conduct UKC sanctioned matches and specialty shows.
- To contribute to research and health programs that will benefit Bergamascos.